Wednesday 31 July 2013

Celebration Europe 2!

Well boys and girls, the big event!

I had my hopes up for this.  I had got my expectations so high, and done so much to prepare for it.  I made up an image of what it was going to be in my head, but was ready for anything.

I've got to say though, it was so much better than I can imagine.  Even with my reputation as Blogger Number 1, I may struggle to put into words just how great the weekend was.


First of all, I can't stress enough, the thing that really made this event were the people.  I want to put a special thank you to the following in particular (in a particular, but misleading and jumbled order to confuse you all),

Stuart Bone,
Simon Battell,
Brad Oakley,
Ian Smith
Carl Thomas,
Mike Filippidis,
Mark Cox,

All the above chaps were great drinking partners and kept me at the bar longer than I was probably at the event :)

Also, Mary Franklin - Thank you for spending time with us!  You name is one that I recognise and always makes my ears prick up, but I cannot believe how much of a genuine and nice person you were.  You were either a great PR person, or genuinely interested in us and our droids.  Feel free to subscribe to my blog ;)

I dare not list all the others, or I'll be here all night.  But guys, you were all legends!


So I guess you'll want pictures now :) Luckily, I took one or two.  At the moment the below pictures are out of order, I will put them into the correct order as soon as possible.







Mt Anthony Daniels came and paid us a visit!  I had a chance to grab a few photos of him and my droid and shook his hand :)


Mary Franklin!  My new best friend :D


She tweeted this picture!  I was on the front page of Star Wars for a while :D  (although she did post the picture upside down :/)



She couldn't get enough of us and came and visited our stand

The quality of cosplay from everyone was amazing!

See ;)


Pam Rose.  She was both lovely, and mental.


Kenny Baker!  We got him over to our stand as we had prepared an award for him.  We've chosen him to be our senator here in the UK and made him a very nice trophy (well done Colin!).  He was very pleased!







Our first sight when we walked in.  Nothing set up at all!

Then we found our stand!






Chilling out after our long trip there on the first night.  This was the first of many German beers

















Mike doing some testing before we opened up

Stuart being a tart.








Ahsoka Tano! Ashley Eckstein, was such a lovely girl.  And she sounded just like Ahsoka too, which was kind of weird.


This model caught my eye, I was very impressed until I realised it was made of Lego.  Then I was MEGA impressed!





It was neither Han or Greedo after all!








I bumped into Björn on the way to the droid talk.  We jumped into the same lift :)













R2-KT




4 comments:

  1. Cool photos well done James, loving the cap are they available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous!

    Shoot me an email, I may be able to sort one out for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update dude!

    I was following the updates on facebook over the weekend... Looks like you all had an awesome time, wish I could have been there.

    See you at Heroes ;)

    V61

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, look's like a fantastic time was had! Gutted I wasn't able to go, but so chuffed that I 'KNOW' famous people lol.
    Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete