Thursday 28 February 2013

3 updates in a week

I was going to hold off posting this, I was concerned that too much awesome in one week would literally blow your minds.  If this is a concern for you, hold off reading this until at least the weekend.  Consider this a disclaimer :)

But as you all helped me get the sun to come out I figured I would post progress for those man enough to read on!

So here is the view from my office window just before leaving work yesterday :)


As soon as I'd finished work, I was in the car doing .5 past light speed to make the most of the sun we had.



Most of the prep work for the painting had been done.  All filled and sanded on the feet, I just needed to cover the motors and cable (it would have been a real pain to remove the motors at the moment.  So bog roll tube and some paper over the motors and we're laughing


I also took the chance to spray the missing panel from my dome and a few other details.  They're coming out pretty nice :)





Very pleased!  All coming out looking very nice.  I know they're grey, but just the uniform colour looks so much better.


Check out the close up :)  This edge was a bit rough and ready before I used filler (P38).  I would strongly recommend using some on a styrene droid.  It makes it look like I've done a good job building him.

Weather today is looking OKish, but want to properly prepare the body and legs before priming them.  I have Monday booked off to have a look the car and the weather is currently looking promising :)  

Then it will be a few more paint sessions and he'll be ready to put back together :D  Then he should look finished!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good mate! Had to comment on here as you've not posted up on the forum :p lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I should update that blog soon :p

    Will be sure to post the hose guide soon, it's simple enough :D

    ReplyDelete