Tuesday 26 February 2013

At risk of other blogs getting more views than mine

Thought I should post an update so I can keep my edge!  Who knew blogging could get so competitive?

Well, after receiving a nice bundle of leg parts through the post, I gave them a test fit :)



The shoulder button I made (only one so far :( ), I tapped the back of it to M4, and then used some M4 threaded rod in the back so I can effectively use this as a fancy bolt to hold the horseshoe on.

I'm a genius,  I know.  Don't worry about over stating it in the comments, I'll just get embarrassed!

I did similar for the shoulder hydraulics, except I used a 4.2mm clearance hole in legs so that I can bold it from the other side with a nut.

It feels great to see the leg beefing out now.  The boosters, hydraulics, struts, buttons, cylinders etc really beef it out and make it look the part.

I guess that my smile is responsible for the sun coming out the next few days.  It's kinda like a super power I have.

With the good weather, the primer and spray paint came out.  The boosters were already primed, and I got to spray them silver ready for some more Dykem blue.




For once, the picture doesn't do it justice.  It's usually the other way around!

And I mean hey, if Valisk can get a zillion comments about a splash of paint, I'm looking at ATLEAST a zillion and 4 comments.  (Come on guys, help me out here!)





Getting all excited about painting, I decided it's about time I pain the whole body and legs :) I'm *this* close to having the exterior of B4 finished now.

A lot of parts have little uglies in.  There's parts that needed filling all over, so I got some P38 and went at them with a generous pasting.  Now that they've dried, I've sanded them back and got a nice flat surface to paint over.


So now R2 is in as many pieces as possible.  A couple of the doors will be a nightmare to  get off, and the power coupler is fixed, so I've just covered them with tape.


Aaaaaaaaaaaand the suns gone :(  

If you'd like to see more progress, recommend this blog to a friend and get people subscribing.  This will make me very happy and the weather will turn tropical :) It's good for everyone :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment