Tuesday 11 June 2013

Leg's again


I can't seem to get enough of blogging at the moment!

Legs a going full steam ahead :D 



Here's the test assembly.  The box section is too long at the moment, but that was intentional.  I will be cutting it down soon enough :)

All of the bolts are going through the plastic and then into the aluminium assembly.  I counter sunk all the holes, but the bolts seem to have a lot of head on them!  I don't mind them stick out a tad, and will leave the majority of them on show (kinda like it), but the top two bolts underneath where the leg to body hub attaches have had to be filed down a bit as they'll be sitting underneath the hub, so they'll need the clearance.


Back to the good ol' days of gluing styrene!  Ah toxic fumes, how I've *cough* missed you *gag cough*  Using the trademarked JamesS-Super-great-getting-the-thing-that-makes-things-right-angled method.




And here's proof the assembly fits!  Still a few more bits of styrene to cut out and then I can glue it all up, thread lock the nylocks, and seal it all for good!



No comments:

Post a Comment