Monday 10 June 2013

Updates on the legs

These are threatening to turn out sexier than my own legs.

Though I suppose that because I've made them, they are my legs in a sense.  I'm making them in my own image ;) So I can live with that!


This is just a quick progress update really, but they're coming along great!  The back of these has been broken now, but still a lot of assembling and painting to go so could be a while before I get a chance to fit these :(



Just a couple of machining shots.  Nothing too exciting.  Not for normal people anyway :)  For those non normal people, I used tabs on these parts to help speed the process up.  Simpler to just clamp the material down rather than bolt it down and create new tooling for it.  This is the first time I've used tabs on a job too, so it was nice to experiment!



Tidied up and put in place.  God I'm good!

So, the box section at the side has been cut down and had 4 holes drilled in the right places.  There will be two of these box sections in the leg, one on either side.  This should create a very nice and sturdy leg.  

Not pictured, I've also machined out the correct holes on the styrene so everything should be spot on.  Just need to counter sink some holes, cut out a load more styrene, assemble it all and paint it.

Only a little over 40 days to go until CE2 and still have a huge list of jobs to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment